Assemblywoman Smith Previews 2020 Legislative Package
SACRAMENTO, CA — Assemblywoman Christy Smith (D-Santa Clarita) highlighted measures from her 2020 legislative package this week. The bills include:
- Assembly Bill (AB 1837) provides schools with resources and support during emergencies and natural disasters.
- AB 2379 creates an annual tax exemption holiday for certain emergency supplies.
- AB 2614 addresses challenges with evacuating horses and other large domestic animals in wildfires and other emergencies.
- AB 2802 supports new teachers, growing the next generation of educators.
- AB 3238 helps foster youth and non-minor dependents to enroll in CalFresh benefits.
“I’m excited to build off our incredible momentum from last year with district-minded legislation that directly resulted from conversations with members of the community and key stakeholders,” Assemblywoman Smith said. “I’m proud our policy proposals range from a variety of topics, including disaster preparedness and supporting our teachers and most vulnerable youth. We have much to address this legislative cycle, and I look forward to the work ahead.”
Assemblywoman Christy Smith represents California’s 38th Assembly District, which includes the communities of Santa Clarita, Simi Valley, Agua Dulce, Castaic, Santa Susana Knolls and North San Fernando Valley.
CONTACT: Danni.Wang@asm.ca.gov, (661) 286-1565 or (913) 449-0802